Forums
HP2 Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Technical

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Lights! Illumination! I need more light!
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: blackSP, space, greatx
Author Post
BOSERO
Mon Jan 17 2011, 04:57pm
BOSERO
Registered Member #128

Hey Ken!
How's your bike doing? Hope all went well at the dealers.

Please don't forget to post pictures.

Thanks in Advance
KenHawthorn
Mon Jan 17 2011, 07:08pm
Registered Member #337

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SOlvVIbScrKLK-52RKSdJ5IEoNM3Sa2sRIKtsHmAtWU?feat=directlinkBMW coverd 2/3's of the cost of the valve problem. I have not ridden it in the last six weeks (shameful). When I do I will pop the lights back and and take some mount pics.
BOSERO
Wed Jan 26 2011, 03:30am
BOSERO
Registered Member #128

More pics Ken please... when you have the time. Thanks.
iain
Sat Mar 16 2019, 09:51pm
Registered Member #972

Hi:) I'm looking to improve my headlight as its on the dim side. First attempt was a replacement LED unit which isn't a good fit and not sure its actually any brighter. Replacing the 55W bulb with a bright 80w ( and 100w) is a definite improvement but am not sure how the electrics will take to that? In the 7 yrs since the last post has anyone come up with a good solution?

Thanks!

Iain
oldfool
Sun Mar 17 2019, 12:05am
Registered Member #59

I put the EURO headlight glass and a bright bulb on my HP2 and it was a great improvement. MaxBmw used to list it on their site but I don't see it anymore. Maybe some are still around.
iain
Sun Mar 17 2019, 09:32am
Registered Member #972

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of the headlight glass, I bought in in South Africa but hadn't thought the glass spec would be different. off to search for EURO glass!

Iain
greatx
Fri Mar 22 2019, 09:05am

Registered Member #543

I have the glass euro one on my bike. Not legal in the US but no one is going to ever find out unless you run over a pedestrian and he gets cut with glass.

The glass one is a lot brighter than the original plastic one.

MAX should still sell these even though it is no longer on the site. Just email Drew at the parts department. Ask for the Euro headlight for the HP2.

I used the sylvania light bulbs. These are brighter than the regular ones.

Some time ago I had installed HID lightbulbs in it, very bright, but the light beam was bothering drivers a lot. Not same beam shape.

I ended up putting the sylvania lightbulb back on. Also the HID had too much crap (ballast, etc) that I had to add to the bike.

I now just bought an LED one. Will let you know after I install it.
iain
Sun Mar 24 2019, 08:37am
Registered Member #972

Hi Christian, thanks for the Euro glass note, I'll drop Drew an email and see if they have any left in stock.
I started out trying a Cree LED headlight replacement unit but the rear of it was a square profile which wouldn't fit into the existing mounting shell so disappeared down a rabbit hole for a month looking at options to mount it. Finally tried it against the garage wall and wasn't that impressed with the beam - seemed diffused - yes, I know, should have tried that first!

The 100w bulb is a lot better but it does quickly get hot and turns out to be not road legal hence the posting here.

I just rec'd Osram nightbreaker bulb so will put that in today and in meantime email MAX.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the LED,

Iain

[ Edited Sun Mar 24 2019, 08:38am ]
HunSolo
Thu Mar 28 2019, 09:52am
Registered Member #587

I tried for about three months to get a Euro lens from the good folks at Max BMW. The cost was $504. None in the USA, 24 in Germany. The Germans wanted my VIN to be sure my bike was a Euro model, as they are saving the lenses for them. Anybody got a Euro VIN I can borrow?
xrnik
Fri Mar 29 2019, 10:24am
xrnik
Registered Member #30

HunSolo wrote ...

I tried for about three months to get a Euro lens from the good folks at Max BMW. The cost was $504. None in the USA, 24 in Germany. The Germans wanted my VIN to be sure my bike was a Euro model, as they are saving the lenses for them. Anybody got a Euro VIN I can borrow?

hello, I have one spare, brand new, got it for a twin light project but never fix it. I could give it but if you said that there are only 24 in germany I am a little bit scared now...

oldfool
Sun Mar 31 2019, 04:11pm
Registered Member #59

There are a couple of these for sale on eBay right now. Make sure it is the right part # because there are some US spec ones as well. I already have one but one of the mounting tabs broke off so I bought another one. Big difference.

[ Edited Sun Mar 31 2019, 04:15pm ]
oldfool
Fri Apr 19 2019, 08:32pm
Registered Member #59

The EU headlight I bought on Ebay just showed up, it took forever to get here, and it is definitely a EU version but a little different then the one I already have. I will try it out to see the difference. I hit a wall trying to order it the way I did before. I still see the listing on Ebay if anyone is interested.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF