HP2 Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Technical

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Tank cover paint job
Moderators: blackSP, space, greatx
Author Post
iain
Sun Dec 17 2017, 09:05AM
Registered Member #972

A quick question.... The red/white and blue tank and side panel paint job looks good but am assuming different side panels to the stock plastic grey ones are used given the multi colour paint job?

Anyone know if that's the case and if so what panels are used and from where?

Iain
SnoDawg
Sun Dec 17 2017, 11:24AM
Registered Member #659

Same panels as stock they are just painted red white and blue for the team colors.

I took these pics of a guy I rode with at a rallye this past year. The paint job of the panels and fender were done by a car painter. It looked pretty straight forward.

Sno Dawg

I painted my panels with regular spray paint after I wet sanded them 6 or 7 times. They were painted black and navy blue stripes with a lot of runs.

[ Edited Sun Dec 17 2017, 11:31AM ]
iain
Fri Dec 22 2017, 09:28AM
Registered Member #972

Hi,

Thanks for the response and pics, that's exactly the colour job I was thinking of,

I wasn't sure the grey plastic panels would hold a paint job and looks like your smart grey paint is holding up too!

another passing question - do you ever put luggage on yours? After getting rid of the GSa because it weighed a ton I'm reluctant to load up the enduro with a frame and boxes, but with the high exhaust looks like a lot of the throw over soft bags may get pretty toasty?

Iain
SnoDawg
Mon Dec 25 2017, 11:10AM
Registered Member #659

Hey Iain,
I have a Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bag I use on the back of my HP2 and my XChallenge. I used to use it on my R1150GSA but I sold that bike because I was not using it and I picked up the second HP2. I love the versatility of the soft bags and that I can set up camp and take the bags off.

My first HP2 came with Hepco Becker luggage racks and I sold them. My "new" HP2 has a steel subframe so I don't worry about the weight on the seat. I don't have any pics of the HP2 with my soft luggage on it, but I will try to post a pic of my old R1150GSA with the soft luggage.

I did so light trails and exploring on my HP2 with the soft luggage, but have never done any long trips with it set up that way.

Sno Dawg

[ Edited Mon Dec 25 2017, 11:13AM ]
iain
Tue Dec 26 2017, 04:25AM
Registered Member #972

Hi, thanks I hadn't come across the Mosko range of gear, its looks ideal. Time for the credit card to take another hit!!

Iain

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF