Forums
HP2 Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Buying, Selling and Trading

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Markus 7L underseat tanks - preorder yours now for the next production run!
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: blackSP, space, greatx
Author Post
rotaryracer
Wed Feb 17 2016, 11:27am
Registered Member #803

Hi guys - many of your are familiar with the GS Equipment (Markus) 7L underseat tank that we sell here in North America. The tank adds over 50% more capacity than stock and works in conjunction with your existing stock (or HPN) tank to provide you with a much more usable range. Markus revised the tank previously to be compatible with both the Enduro and Megamoto, and work with the stock Continental air shock as well as aftermarket Ohlins or other shocks. It's a great setup that keeps the fuel lower on the bike and does not affect the front suspension the way the HPN tank does.

Another production run of the tanks should be complete by the end of this month, and they will be available and should be ready to ship from Germany in early March. If you have trip plans at the start of the season, this is a great way to get ahead of that and make sure you have the range to carry them out! I've had a couple of requests from dealers and was planning on bringing in enough tanks to meet those needs, but can add more as required. This is a special order item with a limited production schedule, so planning in advance is always a good idea to ensure we have the part for you when needed.

To complete the install, we do have the aluminum mounting braces in stock, and will have more of the auxiliary fuel pump kits when the tanks arrive to minimize the DIY required.

Please click on the pictures below to be taken to the GS Equipment product page for more info and/or to place a pre-order for the upcoming production run. Any questions, please call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM, or contact us via email.

Thanks!

marret
Wed Feb 17 2016, 08:44pm
Registered Member #875

Thanks, I'm in.

rotaryracer
Sun Feb 28 2016, 03:43pm
Registered Member #803

Hi all - last call for this production run. I'll be submitting the order to Markus this week for pre-orders already received. If you're interested in getting a tank sent over on this shipment (or if you have any questions before ordering), please contact me at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Jason
rotaryracer
Wed Jun 22 2016, 12:17pm
Registered Member #803

Hi guys - thanks for all that participated in the most recent order. I've had a few requests for the Markus tank, so thought I would bump this thread back to the top in case other are looking for one. Depending on sales, I will probably place the order by mid-July or sooner.

Please feel free to email me if interested, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM with questions.

Thanks!
rotaryracer
Fri Jul 29 2016, 12:29am
Registered Member #803

Hi guys - mid-July got pushed due to the BMW MOA rally, but the order will be going in this weekend. If you'd like to get some extra range for your HP2 before the end of the season, give me a call tomorrow at (585) 310-ADVM and we can get you squared away!

Thanks...

Jason
rotaryracer
Sat Oct 08 2016, 10:44am
Registered Member #803

Hi guys - just waiting on confirmation from Markus, but should have the last production run en route shortly from Germany. 99% sure this entire shipment is spoken for, so am looking at another production run right after the first of the year. We need five tanks to initiate a build, so if anyone's interested, please contact me for more info or pre-order your tank kit at ADVmotorrad.com. Once I have the five committed pre-orders, the build order goes in that day to Markus.

Thanks!
rotaryracer
Sat Feb 18 2017, 01:10pm
Registered Member #803

It's that time of year again! We're already getting some orders and interest, so would like to put together another production run for the start of the riding season (at least here in the Northeast US!). Once we have five committed orders, the production order gets submitted to Markus and tanks start getting built ASAP.

A full Markus system includes the 7L underseat tank, the aluminum mounting crossbar, and the auxiliary fuel pump kit. Video and translated instructions are included, but you'll need to supply your own weatherproof switch (or other means of activating the auxiliary pump). We do also have the optional footpeg lowering brackets which bolt to the Markus crossbar and use KTM Superenduro passenger pegs (sold separately). This setup is actually usable for passengers with legs longer than 18" and allows you to retain two-up capability while still having the increased range of the Markus tank.

I'll confirm here once the minimum number of pre-orders has been received and the build order submitted. If you have any questions, feel free to email or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Jason
rokrie
Sat Feb 18 2017, 03:12pm
Registered Member #687

Hi Jason. Can you post the total cost, including shipping? You're tempting me again...
rotaryracer
Sun Feb 19 2017, 01:55pm
Registered Member #803

Hi Rokrie! We'll be able to hold to the 2016 pricing for this production run, so the prices are as follows:

7L Underseat Tank - $619.99 **
Aluminum Mounting Crossbar - $149.99
Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit - $174.99
Passenger Footpeg Lowering Kit (Optional) - $199.99

If you add the items to your shopping cart using the links above and enter state/province and zip/postal code, you can see the various shipping options and cost to your door.

Hope that helps - any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

** Edited for updated pricing.

[ Edited Wed May 10 2017, 11:34am ]
KellNotCale
Fri Feb 24 2017, 02:20pm
Registered Member #941

In! Thanks!
r083rt
Fri Feb 24 2017, 09:00pm
Registered Member #857

Is there a cutoff date for this order? Or just until supplies run out?

Additionally, I have the BMW pillion pegs and cross bar mounted. So as I understand it I just need the tank and aux. pump, correct?

[ Edited Fri Feb 24 2017, 09:02pm ]
rotaryracer
Fri Feb 24 2017, 11:36pm
Registered Member #803

KellNotCale wrote ...

In! Thanks!

Pre-order received - thank you!
rotaryracer
Fri Feb 24 2017, 11:43pm
Registered Member #803

r083rt wrote ...

Is there a cutoff date for this order? Or just until supplies run out?

Additionally, I have the BMW pillion pegs and cross bar mounted. So as I understand it I just need the tank and aux. pump, correct?

Hi r083rt - there's no hard cut-off date per se, but there is a minimum number of tank kits that need to be ordered for Markus to start the production run. Once we have five committed pre-orders, I'll let Markus know and do one "last call" to see if anyone wants to jump in. Once that order is completed, we start collecting pre-orders for the next production run.

The underseat tank can work with the BMW OEM passenger peg mount, but the best fitment is achieved with the Markus crossbar. I believe I have some pics of the tank with the OEM peg kit and will send try to get them posted up so you can see how it sits. If you do go with the OEM mount, you'd only need the tank itself and the pump kit.

Thanks!
rotaryracer
Wed Mar 08 2017, 11:37am
Registered Member #803

Here are some pics of the Markus tank used with the OEM passenger peg kit - the tank sits slightly lower in front with the Markus crossbar.

rotaryracer
Thu Mar 16 2017, 10:29pm
Registered Member #803

Last call for this production run! We have enough pre-orders to move forward, so I will be putting the order together this weekend and sending to Markus on Monday. Based on past history, I would expect these will arrive in the US in late April / first part of May (hopefully sooner) and we will ship out to you immediately.

Any questions, please contact me at (585) 310-ADVM or email.

Thanks!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF