HP2 Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Technical

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
HPN Tank
Moderators: blackSP, space, greatx
Author Post
SnoDawg
Wed Jan 07 2015, 07:31PM
Registered Member #659

does anyone have instructions for installing an HPN tank - pictures they can post?

Thank,
Jeff
space
Wed Jan 07 2015, 08:53PM
a/k/a Jake

Registered Member #15

I just added it to this site.  Get it here:
If that link doesn't work, in the menu bar up top go to HP2E Library > Download Files > Accessories.

[ Edited Wed Jan 07 2015, 08:54PM ]
SnoDawg
Thu Jan 08 2015, 06:53PM
Registered Member #659

thanks so much for posting the link
i got it

I have a lead on an HPN tank that is deeply discounted and I am weighing the idea - do i need it??

Sno Dawg

[ Edited Thu Jan 08 2015, 06:53PM ]
HP2Rancho
Fri Jan 09 2015, 02:39PM
motorsickle cowboy
Registered Member #41

SnoDawg:

The HPN tank is well engineered and manufactured. It fits perfectly but must include a replacement oil cooler of slightly larger capacity (clearance issue). Easy install with the right tools/instructions.

If you need the extra range it is probably the most durable/reliable alternative, but keep in mind your girlfriend will put on a few pounds....

If you don't need the range, don't do it.

space
Sat Jan 10 2015, 12:26AM
a/k/a Jake

Registered Member #15

I like it. Sure it adds some weight, but if I want to be closer to stock weight I just don't fill it all the way.

My view is that the HP2 is a pretty damn heavy enduro to begin with, so what's another few pounds?
Lariviere
Sat Jan 10 2015, 11:57AM
Guy
Registered Member #564

I think the issue with extra pounds & riding off-road is where those pounds are. Over the front wheel off-road is the worst place for those extra pounds. If you're just a street rider then it doesn't matter.
oldfool
Sun Jan 11 2015, 12:13PM
Registered Member #59

HPN tank. Without a doubt the best thing I did for my HP2. It makes the bike a much more do anything machine. I have never felt it impacted my riding negatively. I have had the HPN tank for probably 50,000 miles. On and off road. I also thought of adding an under seat tank as well to have crazy range. There was a guy in EU making a metal under seat tank I was interested in but I never ordered it. I like riding my street or dirt bikes way out in the middle of nowhere so range is always an issue for me. The HPN tank will not dissapoint. Richard.
SnoDawg
Sun Jan 11 2015, 06:17PM
Registered Member #659

Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and advice. At this point I am leaning away from the HPN tank even though it was a great price at $1000, and I am gong to look in to a Markus tank. I honestly don't need the range and I like the geometry of the front end with the smaller tank. Right now I have am carrying two - liter fuel bottles in my tailbag and I have only had to use them once. Most of my riding is on the east coast so I am never too far from a fuel stop and I always welcome the chance to sot, stretch my legs and get my bearings.

The collective knowledge of this site amazes me.

More important on my list is getting my Wilbers shock lengthened and/or my kick stand shortened.

Ride safely in the new year,
Jeff - Sno Dawg
space
Sun Jan 11 2015, 07:57PM
a/k/a Jake

Registered Member #15

Regarding shortening the kickstand:

Woody's Wheel Works makes an adjustable sidestand, which is great if you swap between 21" knobbies and 19" street wheels.  I have one and I'm very happy with it.

WarthogARJ
Sun Feb 01 2015, 01:38AM
WarthogARJ
Registered Member #115

Hi,
I am like Jake and have both the Markus tank as well as the HPN tank.
The fuel set-up depends on your usage.
My HP2 is a multi-purpose/dual sport touring bike: not an off-road machine.
I'm nowhere near a good enough offroad rider to have the balls to twist the throttle enough to compensate for the weight: even stock weight.
But it IS a LOT lighter than a GS1200, and tougher.

If you get the Markus tank I suggest you consider:
- White tank so you can see fuel level
- The pump you get: I suggest you buy your own, and get own that has both a non-return valve as well as zero return.
Otherwise it does flow, both ways, and you end-up with either fuel into an empty tank, or you get a less than full tank when you THOUGHT you had a full one
- Switch: I suggest you instal your own, or get someone to do it.
A manual one, that indicates with an LED when it's on.
If you know the pump rate from it, or even just measure once, you will know how long to keep it on. And you can see the level anyways with a white tank..

Get it BEFORE you get your shock: it drastically changes the space. And also how you access the pre-load etc to a standard shock. Also tool storage under seat, plus battery access etc. None are killers, but you do need to think it out.

Filling it needs the seat taken off, so consider that.

The newer model has a vent on the filler cap: that works well.

It's a bit of an art getting the sucker in: Markus makes it look pretty easy...:-}
tododepende1
Tue Jan 09 2018, 05:22AM
Registered Member #944

hi my friend!! any body has this document to installation de hpn tnak, pleased??
rokrie
Tue Jan 09 2018, 07:24AM
Registered Member #687

Go to the HP2E Library ribbon at top of this page, download files, accessories. There is a PDF there to download.
tododepende1
Tue Jan 09 2018, 10:49AM
Registered Member #944

Really??? i am stupid, sorry, is very easy, i didn´t know it!!

thank you very much!!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF