HPN Tank
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: blackSP, space, greatx
Author Post
space
Wed Mar 07 2018, 08:00pm
a/k/a Jake

Registered Member #15

Even with the HPN cooler, the HP2 + HPN tank runs hotter than other boxers I've owned. Most of my experience is desert riding, but I find the slow gnarly bits is what really gets the temperature up.

I've drilled holes in the back of the fender for a bit more airflow. That helps a little. I have fine metal mesh (think chicken wire) safety wired to the front of the cooler to keep rocks off. I'd think twice about both of these decisions if I rode in muddy areas, but here in Socal we don't believe in mud.

Once or twice, I've had to stop for a lunch break when the bike really got hot. That was maybe twice, in New Mexico, summer, with lots of slow, rocky uphill sections. I didn't mind having an excuse to stop because I was pretty overheated myself.

HP2 Megamoto cooler is also bigger, I think. I bet you can find a non-BMW cooler that does the job for cheaper though.
tododepende1
Thu Mar 08 2018, 10:53am
Registered Member #944

Hi again my friends!

I have only tested the bike one day with the HPN tank and original radiator and the temperature level reached the maximum.

Driving by off road: the temperature went up a bit but not much, fast tracks, beach sand, etc.
Driving by highway at 130 km / h for 40 km back home: the temperature reached your highest level, almost to the limit ....

I do not know what to do, if I put a bigger radiator, if I open holes in fenders ..... what do I do?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF