NEED HELPREBUIDING MY HP2 ENDURO IN EUROPE
Create a new topic
Moderator(s): blackSP, greatx, space
Author Post
AAATIAS
Fri Nov 06 2020, 06:00pm Print
AAATIAS
Registered Member #365 Joined: Tue Jan 25 2011, 02:50am

Hi Guys,Hoping you all are keeping yourself and you family safe in the current environment.
Heres a Story for your entertainment,hopefully you get a kick and help me out at the same time
I am from Venezuela, and needless to say, had the luck of leaving before the C19 lockdowns, It took a ton to get my bike out of there (including a $5k in cash request by authorities to get my second bike out-which sadly had to leave behind)
Here where I am at, after all the issue in getting my bike out of VZ, when It arrived in Europe in my hands, it arrived with a damaged engine and no oil in it (Ive given up in obtaining info, as no one claims responsibility) Ive moved on and took the bike to a Local BMW Shop to slip a new Engine ,since the bike was in transit in close to 1 year, so engine is stuck, with no chance of survival.(As per the Local lBMW Shop)
Ive requested the shop to quote me on a brand new engine, and they say BMW does not make a new engine for these bikes anymore
Option 2: Ive given them green light to quote me on a new engine piece by piece (considerably more expensive for me) but my intent is to fully restore the Bike even if it costs me an arm, to my surprise, they came back 7 months later saying that some of the the parts are not made anymore andthey cant help me, and bla bla bla,so I am sensing that they simply dont either have the time, or dont want the hassle to deal with a bike from VZ which will need to be brought to EU Standards.
I wanted each member's thought on info where I could take this bike to have it rebuillt, I would consider even shipping it to the BMW in Germany, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or a Shop you know can help me and will operate under BMW Warranty for a new engine.
My Personal email is @
Flylow
Tue Nov 10 2020, 02:46pm
Flylow
Registered Member #746 Joined: Sat Apr 19 2014, 04:30pm

I am wondering why you say the engine is stuck. Just because there is no oil in it for one year would not get it stuck, unless it was ridden w/o oil, or if it was under water w/o spark plugs in it.
It sounds like you are determined to bring it back to life again. I would recommend that you fix the existing engine and keep it original. It also sounds like the local BMW shop is useless.
You need to find a shop, or better yet a person, that is working on old motorcycles. It is of course possible to take the engine apart and replace "stuck" items. That may include the crank, barrels, heads and more but i doubt that you need to go that far.
Good luck with your project. It can be fixed!
rokrie
Wed Nov 11 2020, 01:52am
rokrie
Registered Member #687 Joined: Thu Aug 15 2013, 11:01pm

I have heard of and seen pictures of a current R9T type DOHC engine is a direct replacement for the SOHC original. I'd look for one out of a GSA instead of R9T for more horsepower, although I don't think it makes that much difference on this bike!

Go to the Facebook group "BMW HP2 ENDURO" and search for DOHC to find some folks that swapped out the SOHC with a DOHC engine to ask questions.
AAATIAS
Wed Nov 11 2020, 09:33pm
AAATIAS
Registered Member #365 Joined: Tue Jan 25 2011, 02:50am

Thanks Guys, trying to find a guy here in Europe with a good reputation who's willing to take on this project, yes indeed the engine needs to be replaced (Apparently either Customs or Travel Agency ran engine until overheat and cracked), and the current shop is useless, if anyone comes across respectable shops, please post any suggestions, thanks in advance All.
Create a new topic

Go to: