Forums
HP2Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Technical

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Lights! Illumination! I need more light!
1 2 3 
Create a new topic
Moderator(s): blackSP, greatx, space
Author Post
blackSP
Sun Nov 22 2009, 09:17pm Print
62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50
blackSP
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Mon Jan 05 2009, 07:02pm

get yourself a Xenon kit from somewhere, I believe Wunderlich has them too.
I have 'm and they give decent light, not the shitty beam that only goes 5 meters in front of you. Utterly useless!

The Xenon is kind of touchy though, I get a 'Lampf' warning in my display every now and then but it sure shines great!

by blackSP
Sleestak
Mon Nov 30 2009, 04:50am
Sleestak
Registered Member #110 Joined: Tue Apr 28 2009, 04:09am

Cory,

I'm looking for the same thing. Whatever you discover, please share your findings. If I discover anything I'll let you and the rest know.

Eric

by Sleestak
arboffroad
Thu Dec 03 2009, 04:20am
arboffroad
Registered Member #147 Joined: Fri Sep 04 2009, 06:59am

Check out trailtech they have some cool lights with sevral diffrent mounts, I was thinking about a couple of there small hids by arboffroad
HP2Mexico
Sun Aug 15 2010, 05:53pm
HP2Mexico
Registered Member #282 Joined: Sun Aug 15 2010, 07:57am

Hi Guys, I just purchased a Hp2e and it arrives in a few days, I have had many bikes in the past and the best lights I have ever seen or used is from www.visionxusa.com their LED lights are amazing!!! by HP2Mexico
HP2Mexico
Sun Aug 15 2010, 05:54pm
HP2Mexico
Registered Member #282 Joined: Sun Aug 15 2010, 07:57am

Sorry it removed the link automatically. Visionxusa .com by HP2Mexico
BOSERO
Wed Sep 08 2010, 12:59pm
BOSERO
BOSERO
Registered Member #128 Joined: Mon Jul 13 2009, 01:04am

Here are my auxiliary lights.  Each are fitted with 55watts Hella All Weather bulbs.  I am now more confident in riding at night!

by BOSERO
Hotmamaandme
Fri Sep 24 2010, 04:45am
Hotmamaandme
Registered Member #21 Joined: Sat Jan 17 2009, 11:36pm

Baja Designs 6 inch HID

Ok Gents, Ive been working with James Renazco, The Seat Maker, http://www.renazcoracing.com and his vendor location on ADV

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=renazco

I have been looking for THE light solution for the HP2 for some time. There are always more than one way to solve a problem. Some like auxillary lights pro and cons and some like one light to end all be all. The HP2 IMHO came with spartan looks and one head light. Its a classic look. So I really didnt want to add extra lights. I came close but didnt, I decided to wait and look some more. James called me and said he was looking for a HP2 that he could install a Baja Designs 6 inch HID. He is looking to develop a plug and play kit. I already had some ideas for this so I offered to help out when I could and loaned my bike out.

Now there are some things that need to be sorted out. Right now I have the demo version 1.0 installed on my bike. First thing was mounting the light. Second a resistor of sorts to trick the canbus so no lamp failure is thrown.

If there are enough guys that want a plug and play kit James will continue to work on developing the kit.

So right now I have the light mounted with no I repeat no resistor. I get a lamp failure code but I also have small rear blinkers that trip the code too. I am going to use the light for a short time while we work on the resistor solution and other mounting options. James has a machinist working on making some machined mounting brackets. Rigt now we just have some wing nuts and spacers using the stock friction mount system. It looks good and is solid. We have the light wired to be on when the high beam switch is on and off when the high beams are off.

Oh yeah it works great its a real head light super bright!

So Ill post some pics of my bike to give you an idea. If you have questions ask. If you have input and its not negative but positve post it. If we have enough guys interested James and I will continue to work on this project.

Clear stone guard (Im not crazy about the 3M dual lock but it works great)

My personal windscreen (its not mounted in these pics just sitting there to see how it looks)

Fri Sep 24 2010, 08:18pm
sandyman
Registered Member #81 Joined: Tue Feb 24 2009, 02:57pm

Hello
i am very interrested with you nice solution
two question:
- do you have an idea of the price of this light kit?
- do you know if this can be installed with the Wunderlich screen which many of hp2 have?

Thank you
fx
by sandyman
Hotmamaandme
Mon Sep 27 2010, 03:33pm
Hotmamaandme
Registered Member #21 Joined: Sat Jan 17 2009, 11:36pm

sandyman wrote ...
Hello i am very interrested with you nice solution two question: - do you have an idea of the price of this light kit? - do you know if this can be installed with the Wunderlich screen which many of hp2 have? Thank you fx
We wont have a price on a kit until we get all the way sorted out. I can check to see if it fits the wunderlich. by Hotmamaandme
KenHawthorn
Tue Nov 30 2010, 05:43pm
KenHawthorn
Registered Member #337 Joined: Tue Nov 30 2010, 05:24pm

Here is a pic of my dual 8" setup. It's quick disconnect and kept the bike stock. [br][link=http://hp2enduro.com/e107_files/public/1291139012_337_FT570_hp2_baja2.png][img:width=480&height=614]http://hp2enduro.com/e107_files/public/1291139012_337_FT570_hp2_baja2_.png[/img][/link][br] by KenHawthorn
1 2 3 
Create a new topic

Go to: