Adding Markus tank to an Hp2 with a HPN tank
Create a new topic
Moderator(s): blackSP, greatx, space
Author Post
oldfool
Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:38am
oldfool
Registered Member #59 Joined: Sat Jan 24 2009, 06:09am

The suction created by the original fuel pump draws the fuel up into the tank. Bavarian Markus the inventor of this tank told me he thinks the best way to install this tank is without the electric pump. It is one of the old threads. Edited Wed Sep 26 2018, 10:17am by oldfool
xrnik
Fri Sep 28 2018, 09:05am
xrnik
xrnik
Registered Member #30 Joined: Sun Jan 18 2009, 08:53pm

can you give some more details? thanks by xrnik
oldfool
Fri Sep 28 2018, 10:21pm
oldfool
Registered Member #59 Joined: Sat Jan 24 2009, 06:09am

Markus tank install. Just connect the gas tank vent tube to the Markus tank and you are done. by oldfool
marret
Sat Sep 29 2018, 11:07am
marret
Registered Member #875 Joined: Wed Dec 16 2015, 05:39pm

I've had the same thing happen even with the pump in place. Fuel is drawn into the main tank without the pump.

I had a situation where I trailered my bike from KY to the mountains of North GA. Route was through TN. When I got to N GA, my main tank was overflowing. I had filled both before departing KY. Since then I installed a petcock between the two tanks. I turn the petcock to the flow position when I want fuel transfer. Hasn't happened again. I don't know if the elevation change or something else caused this to happen. Edited Sat Sep 29 2018, 11:08am by marret
Create a new topic

Go to: