Forums
HP2Enduro.com :: Forums :: Forums :: Show your stuff!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
I got WHACKED on my HP2 - damage and pictures - ouch -
 1 2 3 4 
Create a new topic
Moderator(s): blackSP, greatx, space
Author Post
sad_story
Tue May 15 2018, 03:14pm
sad_story
Registered Member #494 Joined: Fri Nov 11 2011, 02:34am

Dude ... glad you are ok.... by sad_story
SnoDawg
Wed May 16 2018, 12:46am
SnoDawg
Registered Member #659 Joined: Sun Apr 28 2013, 12:27pm

sad_story wrote ...

Dude ... glad you are ok....

Thanks Sad Story - that is what I said to my wife. There might not be a lot of HP2s out there, but I can always find one or repair it.

Jeff
by SnoDawg
SnoDawg
Wed May 16 2018, 12:51am
SnoDawg

rokrie wrote ...

Hey, did you get your bike estimate done? Will they fix it? Hoping for a solid YES! smile And how are you doing? Still OK?

Hey Rokrie,
The bike was just picked up today. I went to ride it down to the BMW dealer last week and it was dead. I put the battery on my charging battery tender and it would not take a charge and I could not get the engine to turn over. That is really peculiar because the bike always ran great and started no matter how hard it had been ridden. It is out of my hand now.

I did take a peek under the rear plastics and the rear black frame is bent up pretty badly.

I will post on here when I hear back from the dealer.

Thanks,
Jeff by SnoDawg
geneseemtn
Tue May 22 2018, 01:00am
geneseemtn
Registered Member #829 Joined: Mon Jun 01 2015, 03:26am

Glad you're as well off as you are. Hopefully no other injuries or pains show up! Too bad for such a great bike. I imagine it'll be totaled and you'll have the option to buy it back as a parts bike. by geneseemtn
SnoDawg
Wed May 23 2018, 01:57am
SnoDawg

geneseemtn wrote ...

Glad you're as well off as you are. Hopefully no other injuries or pains show up! Too bad for such a great bike. I imagine it'll be totaled and you'll have the option to buy it back as a parts bike.

Thanks - I have had some weird back/right leg pain sin e getting hit - sciatica??

Bike is at the BMW shop for an estimate. I really hope it can be fixed and I can ride it later this summer. I have only been able to ride if for part of one season.

I will post up what the estimate is.

Sno Dawg by SnoDawg
EIGuy
Wed May 30 2018, 04:13am
EIGuy
EIGuy
Registered Member #870 Joined: Sun Nov 08 2015, 04:36am

So sorry to see you have been the latest victim of our distracted generation of drivers! Glad to see you are not as bad off as your bike as my friend was hit last year (the distracted female driver almost took all of my group out) I hope they check his cell records and charge him accordingly!?! My friend is still recovering!! His bike did not! Keep us posted (I have not rode my HP2E since my friend's accident last summer). So much I wish to say but need to be sensitive on the forums! We on two wheels are so very vulnerable to the mistakes of others! Best Wishes for your Recovery!!
by EIGuy
SnoDawg
Thu May 31 2018, 02:13pm
SnoDawg

EIGuy wrote ...

So sorry to see you have been the latest victim of our distracted generation of drivers! Glad to see you are not as bad off as your bike as my friend was hit last year (the distracted female driver almost took all of my group out) I hope they check his cell records and charge him accordingly!?! My friend is still recovering!! His bike did not! Keep us posted (I have not rode my HP2E since my friend's accident last summer). So much I wish to say but need to be sensitive on the forums! We on two wheels are so very vulnerable to the mistakes of others! Best Wishes for your Recovery!!

Thanks ElGuy,
I feel lucky that the bike took the hit. I got an estimate of over 10K in damage including the rear frame, the rear carrier, rim, exhaust and a bunch of cracked plastics. I am waiting to hear what the insurance company says about repairs. It is really a shame because I enjoyed riding that HP2 so much because it is lighter and simpler than my other one. Luckily I only had a few extra fancy parts on the bike.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is scary stuff and is why I prefer to ride in the woods.

Take care,
Jeff by SnoDawg
rokrie
Thu May 31 2018, 11:25pm
rokrie
Registered Member #687 Joined: Thu Aug 15 2013, 11:01pm

Jeff,
Remember it's "replacement value", not NADA "book value". Source one and give the cost to the insurance company. Then buy back the wreck for a parts bike. by rokrie
SnoDawg
Fri Jun 01 2018, 12:43am
SnoDawg

rokrie wrote ...

Jeff,
Remember it's "replacement value", not NADA "book value". Source one and give the cost to the insurance company. Then buy back the wreck for a parts bike.

Thanks - I have to wait for the insurance company to contact me. I have already done research on HP2Es sold in the last year and they range in price from $11,500 up to $19,000. Not many have come up recently.

Take care,
Jeff by SnoDawg
SnoDawg
Wed Jun 06 2018, 02:55am
SnoDawg

Just heard back from insurance - they totaled the bike.

I am really bummed because I spent so much time finding, picking up and working on that HP2 and it was so ready to ride.

More later.... by SnoDawg
 1 2 3 4 
Create a new topic

Go to: